Join us in making a difference!
It is with great excitement we invite you to participate in a very special event.
Christmas for Kids of Lane County is having our first annual White Christmas Dinner and Auction Gala.
This extraordinary event is presented by Kendall Auto Group and generously hosted by
Willies Lebanese Restaurant, on Wednesday December 3rd, 2014.
Christmas for Kids is a non-profit organization that works to ensure severely underprivileged children in Lane County get the holiday experience they deserve. Our area has an incredibly high population of disadvantaged youth, many of whom live in shelters or are at chronic risk of being homeless. The objective is to provide toys, clothing, and necessities and lasting memories to as many of these children as possible (each child receives approximately $100.00 worth of items). The families selected are from places such as Boys and Girls Club, CASA, Relief Nursery, First Place Family Development Center, Womenspace and other local organizations.
Here’s how you can help:
- Attend the Dinner and Auction on Wednesday, December 3rd at Willies Lebanese Restaurant. Tickets are $75. Silent Auction 5:00 – 6:00 | Dinner 7:00
We encourage you to bring a friend or colleague and your checkbook. Don’t wait too long, space is limited and tables are filling up quickly.
- Consider contributing an item to the silent auction. The item can be donated by you, your employer, or both.
- Some of the ideal items that we are looking for to showcase at our event include: Dining Experiences, Vacation Trip Packages, Unique Experiences For Children, Fun Outings, Sports Memorabilia, Gift Certificates For Services, Creative Artwork, Sporting Event Tickets, Fashion Accessories, High-End Home Ware, and Wine/Beer Baskets.
3. Make a donation to help sponsor a child or even an entire family.
To learn more, contact Amy Newport:
We would like to take a moment to thank all of the businesses and families that support Christmas for Kids of Lane County. We would never be able to do what we do without the amazing support of this great community.
A special thank you to:
- Kendall Auto Group
- Cascade Truck and Body
- Brian and Mindy Hough from Cascade Truck and Body have been instrumental in helping Christmas for Kids of Lane County for the past several years. Their time, energy, and donations to this great cause is greatly appreciated.
- Jewell District Medical Spa
- If you can donate toys, clothes or monetary donations Jewell District Medical Spa will give you a $20.00 gift certificate to the Jewell District Medical Spa. How great is that! A gift for giving a gift!!! Donations can be dropped off at 10 Coburg Rd #300, Eugene, OR 97401.
- John Hayes Photography
- John and his wife Tammy have donated countless hours volunteering their time, designing and editing this awesome website, and of course all of the wonderful photography for several years. If you are looking for a photographer check out his website (YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!) : www.johnhayesphotography.com
- The Art of Hair Salon
- Cameron (owner of The Art of Hair Salon) has played a key role in Christmas for Kids of Lane County since the very first year we started. Her energy, enthusiasm and dedication to help all of the families is irreplaceable! Her salon is also hosting a Toy and Clothing Drive…stop by 1669 Willamette Street, Eugene, Oregon 97401 to drop off your donations.
- Eugene Real Deals
- A big thank you to Eugene Real Deals for donating all of the decorations for Santa’s Photo back drop.
- Sherwin-Williams on 2866 WILLAMETTE ST STE A
- The Willamette Street Sherwin-Williams donated all of the paint for Santa’s Living Room, as well as donating toys for fifteen children, AND using our volunteer opportunities as a team building activity for their staff.
Please support these incredible people and businesses who make it a priority to support our community.
We have many more people and businesses to thank….watch for Daily posts as we showcase our gratitude to everyone that makes Christmas for Kids of Lane County possible.